We knew you’d click on this one first! The answer to this age-old question is absolutely, and here’s why: science and nerds.
We put the best nerds at RoboVent on the job to apply scientific principles to the art of industrial hood design. The Streamline Hood is engineered to minimize CFM requirements for your dust collector. Lower CFM means a smaller, more energy-efficient collector, which will save both capital and operating costs. Here’s how we do it:
- We form-fit the hood to the exact shape of your cell to minimize the area enclosed under the hood.
- We minimize openings at the front and bottom of your fence line to further reduce CFM requirements and prevent fumes or particulate from escaping the hood.
- We custom size the hood to your facility and application requirements.
Once we have your hood designed, we will help you “right size” your dust collector based on the CFM requirements for your application. Our calculations consider:
- Volume of air enclosed under the hood
- Size and number of openings
- Size and volume of particulate to be captured
- Face velocity (velocity of air at the hood opening)
- Capture velocity (velocity of air at the dust/fume generation source)