Vertical Filter Design

Increase Filter Life with Proper Filter Orientation

The advantages of using vertical filters are significant. Vertical filters allow the dust to shed off the filter and fall directly down into the containment system, while the dirt from horizontal filters tends to shed off the bottom two-thirds only. The top third of a horizontal filter is lost in the first 10% to 20% of the filter's life. The life of the remaining two-thirds of the filter is drastically reduced due to the increase in air-to-cloth, resulting in an overall loss of 30% to 40% of the intended filter life. The only advantage in a horizontal-filter dust collector is the ease of manufacturing, as it is much simpler to build than a vertical-filter dust collector.

RoboVent-Horizontal-v-Vertical-Filters-Diagram.500

RoboVent-Horizontal-v-Vertical-Filters

Built for quality

We build safety, energy savings and efficiency into every piece of equipment we make.

icon-lower-operating-costs

Lower Operating Costs

We're always looking for ways to reduce energy use, such as automated systems to ensure collectors run only when they need to. Additionally, our filters and equipment have been engineered to maximize filter life and reduce operating costs.

icon-superior-safety

Superior Safety and Risk Reduction

Safety features like our Delta3 spark arrestor and the Supprex-200 fire suppression system reduce the risk of fires in your ductwork and filtration equipment to protect your plant and your employees.

icon-easy-maintenance

Easy Maintenance

Longer lasting filters are just the start. Our equipment is built to reduce the maintenance burden on your staff. With eTell intelligent controls, you can move beyond preventative maintenance to truly predictive maintenance