Most RoboVent industrial dust collectors feature vertical filters to enable easier shedding of excess dust and extend filter life. Vertical filters allow the dust to shed off the filter and fall directly down into the containment system, extending filter life by up to 33%.
Increase Filter Life with Proper Filter Orientation
The advantages of using vertical filters are significant. Vertical filters allow the dust to shed off the filter and fall directly down into the containment system, while the dirt from horizontal filters tends to shed off the bottom two-thirds only. That means that the top third of a horizontal filter is lost in the first 10% to 20% of the filter's life. The life of the remaining two-thirds of the filter is drastically reduced due to the increase in air-to-cloth ratio, resulting in an overall loss of 30% to 40% of the intended filter life. The only advantage in a horizontal-filter dust collector is the ease of manufacturing, as it is much simpler to build than a vertical-filter dust collector.